1. There ______ in this room.
A. are too much furniture B. is too many furnitures
C. are too much furnitures D. is too much furniture
2. The majority of the damage ______ easy to repair.
A. is B. are C. were D. be
3. Three hours ______ enough for us to finish the task.
A. are B. has C. is D. were
4. "______ twenty dollars a big sum to her "
"I suppose so."
A. Will be B. Is C. Are D. Were
5. A poet and artist ________ coming to speak to us about Chinese literature and painting tomorrow afternoon.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
【答案】A。A poet and artist是指一个人。诗人兼艺术家。
6. How close parents are to their children _____ a strong influence on the development of the children’s character.)
A. have B. has C. having D. had
7. Early to bed and early to rise ______ a man healthy, happy and wise.
A. making B. to make C. make D. makes
8. Getting to other planets or to the moon _____ many problems.
A. involve B. involves C. involving D. to involve
9. When and where to build the new factory ________ yet.
A. is not decided B. are not decided
C. has not decided D. have not decided
【答案】A。疑问词+不定式做主语 谓语动词用单数。问题被确定 因此用被动。
10. All that can be done ______.
A. has done B. has been done C. have done D. have been done
11. Many a person in this circumstance ___ for a long break.(QE97-51)
A. have hoped B. has hoped C. are hoping D. has been hoped
【答案】B 本题考察的是主谓一致和语态. 如果主语是由 many a…或more than one 构成,尽管从意义上看是复数,但他的 谓语动词仍用单数.排除A,C. 人希望是主动,所以应该用主动语态,排除D. 句意是“ 这个环境里的许多人都希望放个长假休息.”
12. More than one worker ______ dismissed.
A. have been B. are C. has been D. has
【答案】C。很多个员工被辞退了。many a + 可数名词单数：谓语用单数
13. Many a student ______ the importance of learning a foreign language.
A. have realized B. has realize C. have been realized D. has been realized
【答案】B。很多学生已经意识到了学习外语的重要性。many a + 可数名词单数：谓语用单数
14. Four-fifths of the crop ______.
A. are ruined B. was ruined C. were ruined D. have been ruined
15. Three-fourths of the buildings ______.
A. was destroyed B. is destroyed C. were destroyed D. has been destroyed
16. The teacher, as well as all his students, ____ by the dancer’s performance.
A. was impressed B. had impressed
C. impressed D. were impressed
【答案】A。本题考查的是主谓一致。主语应是teacher，动词用第三人称单数形式。as well as:都，这种句型根据as well as前的主语确定动词形式。
17. The president, accompanied by his assistants, ______.
A. have arrived B. are arriving C. had arrived D. has arrived
18. Interest, as well as prospects, ______ important when one looks for a job.
A. are B. were C. is D. was
【答案】C。找工作的时候，兴趣，还有前景是很重要的。As well as…作为插入语，修饰主语时谓语动词由主语本身的单复数情况决定.
19. E-mail, as well as telephones, _______an important part in daily communication.
A. is playing B. have played C. are playing D. play
【答案】A。电子邮件，还有电话，在日常通讯中起着重要的作用。As well as…作为插入语，修饰主语时谓语动词由主语本身的单复数情况决定.
20. The teacher, with 6 girls and 8 boys of her class, ________, visiting a museum when the earthquake struck.
A. was B. were C. had been D. would be
21. Every man, woman and child ______ some history, enough at least, to survive in the world.
A. knows B. know C. is known D. are known
【答案】A。每个男人，女人和孩子，都知道一些历史，至少足够在这个世界上生存。当用and 连接的名词前面有each，every 等修饰时，谓语动词用单数。
22. Each of you ______ responsible for the accident.
A. am B. be C. is D. are
【答案】C。你们每个人都对事故负有责任。当用and 连接的名词前面有each，every 等修饰时，谓语动词用单数。
23. Each man and woman ______ the same rights.
A. has B. have C. had D. is having
【答案】A。每个男人和女人享有相同的权利。当用and 连接的名词前面有each，every 等修饰时，谓语动词用单数。
24. Every means ______ tried but without much result.
A. has been B. have been C. are D. is
【答案】A。每种方法都被试过了，但是没有太多结果。当用and 连接的名词前面有each，every 等修饰时，谓语动词用单数。
25. Every possible means _____ to prevent the air pollution, but the sky is still not clear.
A. is used B. are used C. has been used D. have been 'used
【答案】C。每种阻止空气污染的可能的方法都尝试过了，但是天空依然不是很明朗。当用and 连接的名词前面有each，every 等修饰时，谓语动词用单数。
26. One or perhaps more pages _______.
A. is missing B. has been missed C. are missing D. was missing
27. The manager or his assistant ______ planning to go.
A. were B. are C. was D. be
28. Neither Tom nor his parents ______ at home.
A. is B. are C. has D. was
29. Either the dean or the principal ______ the meeting.
A. attends B. attend C. are attending D. have attended
30. ______ was wrong.
A. Not the teacher but the students B. Both the students and the teacher
C. Neither the teacher not the students D. Not the students but the teacher